Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thank you Veterans and active duty soldiers

I just wanted to take a moment and say thanks to all our military personal, you know who they are, they sit in the recruiting office every day, they take care of our coastal waterways, they live right next door to you and me.

Its not just the men and women that are on the front lines fighting for the freedom we enjoy, and helping others to fight for their freedom, its ALL the military personal.

I am the proud son of a United States Marine, pops lost his legs at the Chosin Reservoir battle, and went on to marry my mom, raise four great kids, and become a grandpa to nine grandchildren, we lost pop to cancer last year, and I will never forget all the great things we did together.

The Military shaped my fathers life, he was a fiercely proud Marine and loved his country.

Take the time to thank your neighbor, dad, brother or the Veteran standing outside the grocery store next time you see them, they appreciate knowing we care.

I know this has nothing to do with food today, it is much much more improtant than that

Cheers

Chef Glenn

No comments: