Thursday, January 21, 2010

I love breakfast for dinner!!!!!

Don't you? I mean come on, your a little kid in your jammies, sitting in front of the TV watchin Gilligans Island, thinking about Ginge--------------- ok wait thats not the point I wanted to make

Your mom says its dinner time and you jump up and see pancakes and bacon on the table like it's FRICKIN CHRISTMAS!!!! are you kidding? breakfast for dinner!!!!

The idea here is to mix it up a little
change what you are doing and I am talking about your marketing, your in house marketing what are you doing to increase your sales when you have YOUR SALES sitting right in front of you?

here ya go

Make sure your wait staff has a special to offer the customers, your special should be written by the chef taking into consideration what the kitchen has to move and what has the best food cost for the restaurant.

the waitstaff should also be checking in with the table, how many times have you gone to a local restaurant and ordered a meal only to sit there and wait for another drink? how about some appetizers before your meal? oh ya and dessert, coffee, and when they ask for the check how about a little info card "so if you fill this out we will give you a free dinner on your birthday and 15% off your next meal ! see you soon

the way your waitstaff sells your menu can increase sales by 20% per ticket!!!!! think about it and at the same time they will increase their tips and the customers will be delighted with the service!

trust me when I tell you this works, just ask me I have a really cool story I will tell you

cheers

Chef Glenn

No comments: